Sponsored by Sunrise Valley Elementary School PTA.
Fridays, 4:05pm – 5:00pm, October 16 – November 20, 2020
All classes are conducted VIRTUALLY!
The SVES Irish Dance Program is taught by Shannon Foley, certified Irish Dance instructor and owner of Foley Academy of Irish Dance. Each week, students will have fun learning foundational Irish Dance movements and beginner steps. By taking Irish Dancing lessons, students improve their fitness, build self-confidence, and make new friends. This is an introductory course. Prior dance experience is not required to join the Irish Dance Program. Dancers attend classes virtually.
- Grades: 1st-6th
- Time: 4:05pm – 5:00pm
- Day: Fridays
- Dates: 6 Weeks (October 16 – November 20, 2020)
- Location: Foley Academy Virtual Studio via Zoom (link to be provided when registration is complete)
- At home set-up: dancers should have a clear, open area at home for dancing. The area must be clear of tripping hazards. A 6 ft x 6 ft space works well for beginner dancers; but if they have a larger space, that is always better! Dancers should not dance outside or in a garage because the Internet connection is typically weak and unstable.
- Use a laptop to log into Zoom: make sure to use a recognizable username when logging in (parent’s last name works well!). Set up the laptop so that the dancer’s feet and legs can be seen at all times.
- Mark your dancer’s visible dance space so that he/she does not dance outside the camera frame – this ensures that the dancer can be seen throughout the class.
- Dancers should have a water bottle near them.
- Attire: Dancers may dance in sneakers, socks, ballet slippers, Jazz shoes, or Irish Dance shoes. No long skirts or baggy pants.
- Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | or call: 703-375-9369
- $85 (PTA-Member)
- $95 (Non-PTA Member)