JULY 10, 2018 – AUGUST 16, 2018
Classes held in Reston, VA
Children ages 5-17
Adult Ceili ages 18+
Free Foley Academy t-shirt for New Dancers
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY TO REGISTER!
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Class Packages:
Foley Academy understands that during the Summer, families have planned vacations and other activities for their children. Therefore, our Summer Class Packages are designed to give you the flexibility to pick and choose the classes that best suit your Summer schedule. You can select a package of either 4, 6, 8, or 12 classes and then, over the course of the 6 weeks, pick the classes that you or your child will attend. For example, if you purchase a package of 4 classes for your child, then you can pick any 4 classes (based on age) for your child – these classes could be once per week, twice per week, or spread out over different days throughout the six weeks. It is entirely up to you!
After you complete your registration, you will be able to access our Summer Class Calendar to sign-up for the number of classes in the package you purchased.
Children ages 5-17 can register for any package below; Adults 18+ taking the Adult Ceili class can register for either the 4 or 6 Class Package.
4 Classes: $60
6 Classes: $90
8 Classes: $115
12 Classes: $165
Weekly Class Schedule: July 10 – August 16
|Ages 5-7: 6:30-7:30pm||Ages 5-7: 6:30-7:30pm||Ages 5-7: 5:30-6:30pm|
|Ages 8+: 7:30-8:30pm||Ages 8+: 7:30-8:30pm||Ages 8+: 6:30-7:30pm|
|Adult Ceili 18+: 7:45-8:45pm|
Family Discount Program:
If you are looking to register more than one child or family member, please email email@example.com to receive information regarding our discount program and pricing.
Summer Irish Dance Class FAQs:
- What is Irish Dancing? Irish Dancing is a style of dance that originated in Ireland. Dancers perform steps individually (step dancing) or in a group (Ceili dancing). Irish Step Dancing is characterized by a stiff upper body and quick and precise movements of the feet. Ceili Dancing is a form of folk and social dancing in Ireland that is focused on footwork and the dancers’ interaction with their partners using their arms and hands. Traditional Irish music played on a variety of instruments accompanies both Irish Step and Ceili Dancing. Instruments include the accordion, piano, fiddle, flute, or banjo. Irish Dancing is a fun, exciting, and challenging activity for both children and adults. By taking Irish Dancing lessons, dancers build confidence, set goals for growth and success, develop teamwork and communication skills, benefit from both a physically and mentally healthy lifestyle, meet new people, and make new friends.
- How do I register for the Summer Classes? For online registration, CLICK HERE. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who is the Teacher? Shannon Foley – read her bio on the Owner/Director page.
- Who can register for the session? Boys & Girls, Men & Ladies; Children: ages 5-17; Adults: ages 18+; You don’t have to be Irish! No dance experience necessary!
- What will dancers learn during the Summer Classes? At a minimum, dancers will learn:
- The traditional and basic form and movements of Irish Dancing, for both individual and Ceili dances
- The proper foot placement, technique, and carriage to dance steps to traditional Irish music in the traditional style
- Beginner Movements, including Hop 1,2,3; Sidestep; Points
- One Beginner Reel
- What should I wear to class? Please see the recommendations provided on our Class Attire page. For the these classes, dancers do NOT need to purchase Irish Dance shoes. You may wear comfortable sneakers or tennis shoes, or you may dance in non-slip socks if it is more comfortable for you. If you own Irish Dance shoes or dance sneakers, please wear these to class.
- Can I bring food to class? A light snack, such as a granola bar or fruit, is acceptable, but the Foley Academy strongly encourage all dancers to be properly fed before coming to class. Please bring a water bottle or non-sugary drink to class to stay hydrated. Foley Academy will not provide food or drinks to dancers.
- What is the last day to register for Summer classes? Registration will remain open for the 6 weeks.
- Is there a minimum required age to register? Yes, the minimum dancer age is 5 years old.
- Is there a maximum age for dancers? There is no maximum age limit, however dancers should ensure that they are in proper physical condition to participate in the dance sessions.
- What is NOT included with the class fee? The Class fee does NOT include: any food or drink that the dancer may require during the lesson; clothing, which includes shirts, shorts, pants, etc., that the dancer will need for the lesson; shoes/footwear, which include sneakers, tennis shoes, socks, Irish Dance shoes, dance sneakers, ballet slippers, etc.; transportation and/or travel fees.
- Are parents allowed to observe the classes? Parents are allowed to sit in to watch upon teacher’s discretion.
- Who should contact if I have any other questions? email@example.com