Week of September 3, 2018 – week of December 10, 2018 (12 weeks): $180
Classes held in Reston, VA
Children ages 5-17
Adult Ceili ages 18+
Free Foley Academy t-shirt for New Dancers
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY TO REGISTER!
Tuesday/Thursday Classes held at South Lakes High School Dance Studio Room 143: 11400 South Lakes Dr., Reston VA
Wednesday Classes held at Director’s Studio
|Tuesday||6:00 – 7:00 p.m.||Beginner I: Ages 5-7||1 Hour|
|6:30 – 7:30 p.m.||Beginner II/Advanced Beginner: Ages 5-7||1 Hour|
|7:30 – 8:30 p.m.||Beginner II/Advanced Beginner: Ages 8+||1 Hour|
|Wednesday||5:30 – 6:30 p.m.||Beginner I: All Ages||1 Hour|
|Thursday||6:00 – 7:00 p.m.||Beginner II/Advanced Beginner: Ages 8+||1 Hour|
|7:00 – 8:00 p.m.||Adult Ceili Ages 18+||1 Hour|
*Note: The Tuesday Beginner I and Beginner II classes for Ages 5-7 have a 30-minute overlap. This is so that concentration can be given to both skill levels separately, while also allowing time for both classes to work together.
For families enrolling more than one dancers, or for those applying a Refer-A-Friend Discount, please contact email@example.com or call 703-375-9369 before registering online.
Fall Session FAQs:
- What is Irish Dancing? Irish Dancing is a style of dance that originated in Ireland. Dancers perform steps individually (step dancing) or in a group (Ceili dancing). Irish Step Dancing is characterized by a stiff upper body and quick and precise movements of the feet. Ceili Dancing is a form of folk and social dancing in Ireland that is focused on footwork and the dancers’ interaction with their partners using their arms and hands. Traditional Irish music played on a variety of instruments accompanies both Irish Step and Ceili Dancing. Instruments include the accordion, piano, fiddle, flute, or banjo. Irish Dancing is a fun, exciting, and challenging activity for both children and adults. By taking Irish Dancing lessons, dancers build confidence, set goals for growth and success, develop teamwork and communication skills, benefit from both a physically and mentally healthy lifestyle, meet new people, and make new friends.
- How do I register for the Fall Session? For online registration, CLICK HERE. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who is the Teacher? Shannon Foley – read her bio on the Owner/Director page.
- Who can register for the session? Boys & Girls, Men & Ladies; Children: ages 5-17; Adults: ages 18+; You don’t have to be Irish! No dance experience necessary!
- What will dancers learn during the Fall Session? At a minimum, dancers will learn:
- The traditional and basic form and movements of Irish Dancing, for both individual and Ceili dances
- The proper foot placement, technique, and carriage to dance steps to traditional Irish music in the traditional style
- Beginner Movements, including Hop 1,2,3; Sidestep; Points
- One Beginner Reel
- What should I wear to class? Please see the recommendations provided on our Class Attire page. For the these classes, dancers do NOT need to purchase Irish Dance shoes. You may wear comfortable sneakers or tennis shoes, or you may dance in non-slip socks if it is more comfortable for you. If you own Irish Dance shoes or dance sneakers, please wear these to class.
- Can I bring food to class? A light snack, such as a granola bar or fruit, is acceptable, but the Foley Academy strongly encourage all dancers to be properly fed before coming to class. Please bring a water bottle or non-sugary drink to class to stay hydrated. Foley Academy will not provide food or drinks to dancers.
- What is the last day to register for the Fall Session? Registration will close September 2, 2018 at midnight.
- Is there a minimum required age to register? Yes, the minimum dancer age is 5 years old.
- Is there a maximum age for dancers? There is no maximum age limit, however dancers should ensure that they are in proper physical condition to participate in the dance sessions.
- What is NOT included with the class fee? The Session fee does NOT include: any food or drink that the dancer may require during the lesson; clothing, which includes shirts, shorts, pants, etc., that the dancer will need for the lesson; shoes/footwear, which include sneakers, tennis shoes, socks, Irish Dance shoes, dance sneakers, ballet slippers, etc.; transportation and/or travel fees.
- Are parents allowed to observe the classes? Parents are allowed to sit in to watch upon teacher’s discretion.
- Who should contact if I have any other questions? email@example.com