Welcome to Foley Academy of Irish Dance! We offer classes in Traditional Irish Step and Ceili Dancing for children ages 5-17 and adults 18+. We are looking forward to a fun and successful 2019-2020 dance season and are excited to meet our new dancers and families! If you have additional questions that have not been addressed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2019-2020 Dance Season begins the week of August 26, 2019 and ends June 18, 2020: 36 weeks total
Fall Session: August 26, 2019 – November 21, 2019 (12 weeks)
Winter Session: December 9, 2019 – March 12, 2020 (12 weeks)
Spring Session: March 16, 2020 – June 18, 2020 (12 weeks)
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY TO REGISTER FOR BEGINNER I CLASSES
All New Dancer Receive a FREE Foley Academy T-Shirt
*Note: The Thursday 5:30 class is a combination Beginner II/Advanced Beginner and Novice/Prizewinner class. Dancers enrolled in the Beginner II/Advanced Beginner Level dance for 1 hr. from 5:30-6:30pm; dancers enrolled in the Novice/Prizewinner Level dance for 1.5 hrs. from 5:30-7:00pm.
*Note: The Thursday Adult Beginner & Core Review has a 30 minute overlap from 7:30-8:00pm with the Adult Ceili & Solo class. This is so that both class levels can work on Ceili dances together, but learn solo movements and steps separately.
Payment Plan Options:
Pricing listed here is for 1 dancer participating in 1 one-hour class per week. Foley Academy has discounted pricing for families with more than one dancer, as well as additional classes if a dancer is interested in taking more than 1 class per week. Please email email@example.com for more details about our Family Discounts and/or multi-class discounts.
- Pay-in-full: $525
- 36 weeks
- One payment due by Monday, August 26, 2019
- Note: Dancer will receive 2 free private lessons ($60 value) to be used during the 2019-2020 Dance Season
- Pay-per-session: $180
- 12 weeks per session
- First Payment (Fall Session) due Monday, August 26, 2019
- Second Payment (Winter Session) due Monday, December 9, 2019
- Third Payment (Spring Session) due Monday, March 16, 2020
- Adult Class Pass – Adult Dancers ONLY: $180
- Contains 12 one-hour classes and is similar to a “punch card.”
- After the dancer attends 12 classes, the Dancer’s Account will be refreshed with a new Class Pass.
Irish Dance Class FAQs:
- What is Irish Dancing? Irish Dancing is a style of dance that originated in Ireland. Dancers perform steps individually (step dancing) or in a group (Ceili dancing). Irish Step Dancing is characterized by a stiff upper body and quick and precise movements of the feet. Ceili Dancing is a form of folk and social dancing in Ireland that is focused on footwork and the dancers’ interaction with their partners using their arms and hands. Traditional Irish music played on a variety of instruments accompanies both Irish Step and Ceili Dancing. Instruments include the accordion, piano, fiddle, flute, or banjo. Irish Dancing is a fun, exciting, and challenging activity for both children and adults. By taking Irish Dancing lessons, dancers build confidence, set goals for growth and success, develop teamwork and communication skills, benefit from both a physically and mentally healthy lifestyle, meet new people, and make new friends.
- How do I register for Classes? For online registration, continue to bottom of page. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who is the Teacher? Shannon Foley – read her bio on the Owner/Director page.
- Who can register for the session? Boys & Girls, Men & Ladies; Children: ages 5-17; Adults: ages 18+; You don’t have to be Irish! No dance experience necessary for beginner classes!
- What should I wear to class? Please see the recommendations provided on our Class Attire page. For Beginner I classes, dancers do NOT need to purchase Irish Dance shoes. You may wear comfortable sneakers or tennis shoes, or you may dance in non-slip socks if it is more comfortable for you. If you own Irish Dance shoes or dance sneakers, please wear these to class.
- Can I bring food to class? A light snack, such as a granola bar or fruit, is acceptable, but the Foley Academy strongly encourage all dancers to be properly fed before coming to class. Please bring a water bottle or non-sugary drink to class to stay hydrated. Foley Academy will not provide food or drinks to dancers.
- What is the last day to register for classes? Registration will remain open.
- Is there a minimum required age to register? Yes, the minimum dancer age is 5 years old. If you are interested in classes for a dancer age 3 or 4, email email@example.com to inquire about our Tir na nOg class for tots.
- Is there a maximum age for dancers? There is no maximum age limit, however dancers should ensure that they are in proper physical condition to participate in the dance sessions.
- What is NOT included with the class fee? The Class fee does NOT include: any food or drink that the dancer may require during the lesson; clothing, which includes shirts, shorts, pants, etc., that the dancer will need for the lesson; shoes/footwear, which include sneakers, tennis shoes, socks, Irish Dance shoes, dance sneakers, ballet slippers, etc.; transportation and/or travel fees.
- Are parents allowed to observe the classes? Parents are allowed to sit in to watch upon teacher’s discretion.
- Who should contact if I have any other questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Discount Program:
If you are looking to register more than one child or family member, please email email@example.com to receive information regarding our discount program and pricing.
If you have Irish Dance experience, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register into the correct class level.
NEW DANCERS ONLY: ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR IRISH DANCE CLASSES
PLEASE READ EACH STEP BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR REGISTRATION.
1. Click the “Complete Registration” button. The page will redirect for you to make your payment using PayPal or your credit card. THIS MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO PROCESS. Please be patient. Do not navigate away from this page or click the “back” button.
2. Submit your payment. Once payment is finished processing, the system will automatically redirect you to a confirmation page. PAYMENT MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO PROCESS. Please be patient. Do not navigate away to another page/website or click the “back” button. Registration is not complete until your payment is processed and you are taken to the “Registration Confirmed” page.
3. Save or print registration confirmation page. This is your proof of registration.
4. Download the Foley Academy Handbook and complete the Handbook Acknowledgement Form (located at the end).
5. Complete the Dancer Information Form.
6. Bring the Handbook Acknowledgement Form and Dancer Information Form to the first class.