Welcome to Foley Academy of Irish Dance! We offer classes in Traditional Irish Step and Ceili Dancing for children ages 5-17 and adults 18+. We are looking forward to a fun and successful 2020-2021 dance season and are excited to meet our new dancers and families! If you have additional questions that have not been addressed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-Registration for our extended 8-Week Virtual Summer Session begins May 22!
Thank you for your interest in our Irish Dance classes! Register early to reserve your spot in our Summer Classes!
Currently, all classes are available via our Virtual Irish Dance Studio so that dancers can take their classes from home. When Foley Academy is able to resume in-studio classes in compliance with local, state, and federal laws/orders, the Summer Session will transition to a mix of in-studio and virtual classes.
New Beginner Youth (age 5-17) classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30pm
New Beginner Adult (age 18+) classes are on Fridays from 5:30-6:30pm
Foley Academy offers class packages for the Summer Session so that you can pick the class dates that best suit your summer schedule (more details provided below).
NO pre-registration fee!
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY TO REGISTER FOR NEW BEGINNER CLASSES!
Summer Session: June 22, 2020 – August 13, 2020 (8 weeks)
Our Summer Packages are designed to give you the flexibility to pick class dates that best suit your Summer schedule. You will select a package of classes and then, over the course of the 8 weeks, pick the class dates that you/your child will attend. For example, if you purchase a package of 4 classes, then you/your dancer can attend any 4 classes (based on level) – these classes could be once per week, twice per week, or spread out over different days throughout the 8 weeks. It is entirely up to you! After you register, you will be given access our Summer Class Calendar Sign Up to reserve your class dates. Dancers must reserve class dates before the Summer Session begins on June 22, 2020.
- Summer packages are applicable to “regular” classes (offered Monday – Friday.) during the 2020 Summer Session – Week of June 22, 2020 – August 13, 2020
- In the unlikely event that a class does not have a minimum of 3 dancers registered, the class may be canceled at the discretion of Foley Academy
- ALL payments are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Foley Academy has discounted pricing for families with more than one dancer. Please email email@example.com for more details about our Family Discounts.
Irish Dance Class FAQs:
- What is Irish Dancing? Irish Dancing is a style of dance that originated in Ireland. Dancers perform steps individually (step dancing) or in a group (Ceili dancing). Irish Step Dancing is characterized by a stiff upper body and quick and precise movements of the feet. Ceili Dancing is a form of folk and social dancing in Ireland that is focused on footwork and the dancers’ interaction with their partners using their arms and hands. Traditional Irish music played on a variety of instruments accompanies both Irish Step and Ceili Dancing. Instruments include the accordion, piano, fiddle, flute, or banjo. Irish Dancing is a fun, exciting, and challenging activity for both children and adults. By taking Irish Dancing lessons, dancers build confidence, set goals for growth and success, develop teamwork and communication skills, benefit from both a physically and mentally healthy lifestyle, meet new people, and make new friends.
- How do I register for Classes? For online registration, continue to bottom of page. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who is the Teacher? Shannon Foley – read her bio on the Owner/Director page.
- Who can register for the session? Boys & Girls, Men & Ladies; Children: ages 5-17; Adults: ages 18+; You don’t have to be Irish! No dance experience necessary for beginner classes!
- Are all classes virtual? Do you have in-studio classes? Currently, all classes are being conducted virtually to comply with local, state and federal laws. In-studio classes will resume when government officials permit our physical studio to reopen. When Foley Academy is able to resume in-person classes, all registered dancers will be informed of our updated and new policies regarding class size, hygiene, and other health and safety measures. At that time, Foley Academy will offer a mix of in-studio and virtual classes until government officials deem it safe to reduce social distancing.
- What should I wear to class? Please see the recommendations provided on our Class Attire page. For Beginner I classes, dancers do NOT need to purchase Irish Dance shoes. You may wear comfortable sneakers or tennis shoes, or you may dance in non-slip socks if it is more comfortable for you. If you own Irish Dance shoes or dance sneakers, please wear these to class.
- Can I bring food to class? A light snack, such as a granola bar or fruit, is acceptable, but Foley Academy strongly encourage all dancers to be properly fed before coming to class. Please bring a water bottle or non-sugary drink to class to stay hydrated. Foley Academy will not provide food or drinks to dancers.
- What is the last day to register for classes? Registration will remain open.
- Is there a minimum required age to register? Yes, the minimum dancer age is 5 years old. If you are interested in classes for a dancer age 3 or 4, email email@example.com to inquire about our Tir na nOg class for tots.
- Is there a maximum age for dancers? There is no maximum age limit, however dancers should ensure that they are in proper physical condition to participate in the dance sessions.
- What is NOT included with the class fee? The Class fee does NOT include: any food or drink that the dancer may require during the lesson; clothing, which includes shirts, shorts, pants, etc., that the dancer will need for the lesson; shoes/footwear, which include sneakers, tennis shoes, socks, Irish Dance shoes, dance sneakers, ballet slippers, etc.; transportation and/or travel fees.
- Are parents allowed to observe the classes? Parents are allowed to sit in to watch upon teacher’s discretion.
- Who should contact if I have any other questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Discount Program:
If you are looking to register more than one child or family member, please email email@example.com to receive information regarding our discount program and pricing.
If you or your dancer has Irish Dance experience, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register into the correct class level.
NEW DANCERS ONLY: ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION FOR IRISH DANCE CLASSES
After you submit your pre-registration form, we will contact you within 2 business days to complete your registration and session payment.
PLEASE READ EACH STEP BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR PRE-REGISTRATION.
- Click the “Complete Pre-Registration” button. The page will redirect you to a confirm page. THIS MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO PROCESS.Please be patient. Do not navigate away from this page or click the “back” button.
- Save or print pre-registration confirmation page.
- Download the Foley Academy Handbook and complete the Handbook Acknowledgement Form (located at the end).
- Complete the Dancer Information Form.
- Bring the Handbook Acknowledgement Form and Dancer Information Form to the first class.