Welcome to Foley Academy of Irish Dance! We offer classes in Traditional Irish Step and Ceili Dancing for children ages 5-17 and adults 18+. We are looking forward to a fun and successful 2019-2020 dance season and are excited to meet our new dancers and families! If you have additional questions that have not been addressed here, please email email@example.com
Registration for our 2019 Winter Session is now closed.
2020 Spring Session registration will open February 12, 2020.
Upcoming Session Dates:
Winter Session: December 9, 2019 – March 12, 2020 (12 weeks) – Registration Closed
Spring Session: March 16, 2020 – June 18, 2020 (12 weeks)
*Note: The Thursday 5:30 class is a combination Beginner II/Advanced Beginner and Novice/Prizewinner class. Dancers enrolled in the Beginner II/Advanced Beginner Level dance for 1 hr. from 5:30-6:30pm; dancers enrolled in the Novice/Prizewinner Level dance for 1.5 hrs. from 5:30-7:00pm.
*Note: The Thursday Adult Beginner & Core Review has a 30 minute overlap from 7:30-8:00pm with the Adult Ceili & Solo class. This is so that both class levels can work on Ceili dances together, but learn solo movements and steps separately.
Payment Plan Options:
Pricing listed here is for 1 dancer participating in 1 one-hour class per week. Foley Academy has discounted pricing for families with more than one dancer, as well as additional classes if a dancer is interested in taking more than 1 class per week. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about our Family Discounts and/or multi-class discounts.
- Pay-per-session: $180
- 12 weeks per session
- Winter Session due Monday, December 9, 2019
- Spring Session due Monday, March 16, 2020
- Adult Class Pass – Adult Dancers ONLY: $180
- Contains 12 one-hour classes and is similar to a “punch card.”
- After the dancer attends 12 classes, the Dancer’s Account will be refreshed with a new Class Pass.
Irish Dance Class FAQs:
- What is Irish Dancing? Irish Dancing is a style of dance that originated in Ireland. Dancers perform steps individually (step dancing) or in a group (Ceili dancing). Irish Step Dancing is characterized by a stiff upper body and quick and precise movements of the feet. Ceili Dancing is a form of folk and social dancing in Ireland that is focused on footwork and the dancers’ interaction with their partners using their arms and hands. Traditional Irish music played on a variety of instruments accompanies both Irish Step and Ceili Dancing. Instruments include the accordion, piano, fiddle, flute, or banjo. Irish Dancing is a fun, exciting, and challenging activity for both children and adults. By taking Irish Dancing lessons, dancers build confidence, set goals for growth and success, develop teamwork and communication skills, benefit from both a physically and mentally healthy lifestyle, meet new people, and make new friends.
- How do I register for Classes? For online registration, continue to bottom of page. Or email email@example.com
- Who is the Teacher? Shannon Foley – read her bio on the Owner/Director page.
- Who can register for the session? Boys & Girls, Men & Ladies; Children: ages 5-17; Adults: ages 18+; You don’t have to be Irish! No dance experience necessary for beginner classes!
- What should I wear to class? Please see the recommendations provided on our Class Attire page. For Beginner I classes, dancers do NOT need to purchase Irish Dance shoes. You may wear comfortable sneakers or tennis shoes, or you may dance in non-slip socks if it is more comfortable for you. If you own Irish Dance shoes or dance sneakers, please wear these to class.
- Can I bring food to class? A light snack, such as a granola bar or fruit, is acceptable, but the Foley Academy strongly encourage all dancers to be properly fed before coming to class. Please bring a water bottle or non-sugary drink to class to stay hydrated. Foley Academy will not provide food or drinks to dancers.
- What is the last day to register for classes? Registration will remain open.
- Is there a minimum required age to register? Yes, the minimum dancer age is 5 years old. If you are interested in classes for a dancer age 3 or 4, email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about our Tir na nOg class for tots.
- Is there a maximum age for dancers? There is no maximum age limit, however dancers should ensure that they are in proper physical condition to participate in the dance sessions.
- What is NOT included with the class fee? The Class fee does NOT include: any food or drink that the dancer may require during the lesson; clothing, which includes shirts, shorts, pants, etc., that the dancer will need for the lesson; shoes/footwear, which include sneakers, tennis shoes, socks, Irish Dance shoes, dance sneakers, ballet slippers, etc.; transportation and/or travel fees.
- Are parents allowed to observe the classes? Parents are allowed to sit in to watch upon teacher’s discretion.
- Who should contact if I have any other questions? email@example.com
Family Discount Program:
If you are looking to register more than one child or family member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information regarding our discount program and pricing.